This is a very versatile phone recording device becasuse you can use it at home or at the office due to it's ability to connect either to a wall jack (at home) or the handset cord (on an office phone). It's also compatible to be able to record your cell phone, no matter what brand or type it is.
- Can do automatic or manual phone recording
- Records both sides of the conversation
- Records all incoming and outgoing calls
- Secretly record all phones in the house on the same line
- Stores caller ID information (If you have that from your phone company)
- LCD screen on phone recorder shows call recording information
- Captures Date and Time information of each phone call recording
- Comes with omni-directional microphone so can be used as a Room Recorder
- Can Record Digital and IP Phones manually with Handset mode or automatically with Auxillary Hook Switch
- Recordings saved on a max 8GB removable SD memory card (95 hours/4GB) We Include a 4GB card Free!
- Playback via built-in speaker, earphone jack, or transfer to computer
- Records in Standard MP3 format
- No PC required - But if you want, you can easily transfer recordings to your PC or MAC
Both Windows and MAC compatible!
A Phone Recorder Has Never Been Easier - No PC Required!
You can record phone calls either by setting it to automatically record all calls, or you can set it so you can just manually select certain calls or parts of calls that you want to record. If you have it set on automatic mode, it will start and stop the recording whenever you pick up or hang up the telephone. If you have it set on manual recording mode, just press the start and stop buttons whenever you like during any part of the phone call you want. You'll know when the device is recording because the LED light will be on. When you're done recording you can easily listen to the converstion right from the recorder by pressing play. There's a built-in speaker, or you can plug in the included earphones. Optionally, you can transfer the SD card from the recorder to your computer and listen to them on your PC or Mac with no special software required, just click and play.
Compatible with both Home Phones and Office Phones
This FSC-1000 phone recorder is compatible with both ananlog phone lines or digital phone lines. When connecting on a regular home phone line, you connect it in-line to any wall jack in the house. Then it will record all telephones in the house, no matter what jack the phone being used is plugged into. This is becuase it is connected directly into the phone line and not a particluar phone. In an office environment with a digital, multi-line phone system, you would connect it using Handset mode. When connecting in handset mode, you can use as-is manually, or if you want automatic recording in handset mode, then you would connect the optional auxillary hook switch.
Caller ID Feature
If you already receive Caller ID information on your phone line, then this recorder will also capture that information and store it with the recording file for your future reference.
Convenient File Search
Information such as Caller ID info, date, and time are all stored in the file structure. This makes searching for a particular recording very easy and convienient. Even if you transfer the files to your computer, the file names include the date, time, and caller ID phone number, so you can search there too.
Record Your Cell Phone
It also comes with a universal cell phone recording adapter. One end of it is a plug and the other end of it is an earbud. You put the plug into the recorder, and the ear piece into your ear. Then, you hold your cell phone up to that same ear and have your cell phone conversation as usual. (It doesn't actually even plug into the cell phone, that's how it's universal and will work with all brands.) There's a built in microphone in the ear piece that picks up both sides of the conversation.
High Quality Room Recorder
In addition to being a phone recorder, it can also function as a room recorder to record your in-person meetings. It includes a high-quality, omni-directional microphone that will pick up the room conversation within 16 feet of the recorder. Great for recording meetings in a conference room.
Easily Download Recording To Your Computer
It is not required, but if you do want to transfer the phone conversation recordings to your PC or Mac, it's very easy because the recording files are in standard MP3 format that is playable on any computer. Just remove the SD card from the recorder and put it in the SD card slot on your computer. If you don't have an SD slot on your computer, we include an SD to USB adapter so you can just use a USB slot instead! By the way, we include a 4GB SD card which can hold up to 94 hours of conversations! (Maximum of 2000 files.)
Easily Check Remaining Recording Time
Simply press the playback button during recording to view how much recording time you have remaining before you need to offload or delete some files, or insert a new SD card.
Delete File Function
You can easily delete the files of certain calls that you don't want to keep.
Firmware Upgrade Feature
Occasionally the manufacturer releases an upgrade to the firmware to make improvements or add new features, and it's very easy to install. Simply put the SD card into your computer and copy the upgrade file to the SD card, then remove it and place it back into the recorder. Simple.
Optional (but included) Auxillary Hook Switch
On standard home or analog phone lines, this recorder automatically detects phone calls and automatically starts and stops the recorder. However, if you connect this in an office building that has digital, multi-line phone systems then you'll need to use it in Handset mode. Since handset mode doesn't automatically detect line voltage, you can install this optional (but included) auxillary hook switch. It is a very small pressure switch that you install on the phone base (see image below) that detects when you lift or hang up the handset. Using this switch will now make it automatically start and stop the recorder for all calls.
Dimensions: 2.25" W x 3.5" D x 2.3" H
Recording Format: MP3
Max. SD Card: 8GB
Inputs: Telephone Line / Handset Line / Microphone Line-In
Click this link to: View/Download FSC-1000 User Manual
AC Power Adapter
4GB SD Memory Card
SD Card Reader for USB port
Universal Cell Phone Adapter
Omni-Directional Room Microphone
Phone Line Connection Cord
Handset Connection Cord
Auxillary Hook Switch
Questions on FSC-1000 Automatic Recorder with Caller ID
- From: Mark
- Will this work on cordless phones?
- Hi Mark, this recorder can connect in two ways: Line Mode or Handset Mode. If you are connecting this to a standard home phone line, then yes, it will work on cordless phones, because you'll use it in Line Mode and it's plugging into a wall jack and not a particular telephone. It will record all telephones on the line, no matter what wall jack the phone is plugged into, including cordless handsets.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From: Lawrence Poitra
- Is it legal to record a phone conversation without the knowledge of the caller?
- Hi Lawrence, many times it is legal to do that, but it's going to depend on the laws in your State. Please check your local laws, and then come back here to buy a recording device.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From: Barry Penny